Ferraro Foods Fundraiser
A Message to the Black Jack Skier Development Community:
Support the Black Jack Skier Development Program
As many of you know, the Black Jack Skier Development program’s funding has changed this year. After 9 years of significantly bankrolling the program, our primary program sponsor has decided to reduce their contribution to move our program towards becoming locally sustainable.
In a campaign to keep the Skier Development Program alive, we have expanded our Ferraro Foods fundraiser. If you buy groceries at Ferraros (Trail or Rossland), you can help us out. It’s a win – win scenario. For every dollar that you spend at their stores, Ferraros will donate 10% to the Black Jack Skier Development Program. There is no cost (aside from your grocery bill) to supporting the program.
For more information, please read our letters:
How to join the Ferraro Foods Fundraiser:
- Decide how much you typically spend at Ferraro’s on a monthly basis.
- Enter your order information in the signup form on this page.
- Write monthly post-dated cheques to the Black Jack Skier Development Program for an amount that makes sense for you (more info below). Please date the cheques to the first day of the month.
- Mail the cheques to:Box 2182
- Once a month, the Ferraro Cards will be delivered to your PO Box or mailing address.
Any questions, please call 250 231-9271 or email email@example.com
- The Ferraro Cards do not expire, so no worries if you’re out of town for part of a month. To make things easy, we suggest writing 6 months’ worth of cheques in advance, and ideally 12 months.
- The cards are accepted at Ferraros in both Rossland and Trail
- The cards work just like a gift card, and can be used multiple times until they run out. The max amount per card is $250. ie – if your monthly cheques are for $500, you will receive 2 cards per month.
- You can cancel your participation at any time if need be, e.g. moving away.
- Orders are processed the 2nd Thursday of each month, please make sure your cheques arrive in time (if not, we’ll move your order to the next month).
Skier Development: A note from Al Fisher
Dear Club Member,
RE: The Black Jack Cross Country Ski Club’s Skier Development Program
Our program depends totally on contributions from companies and people who appreciate the following benefits young children and teenagers receive from our grass roots cross country ski program.
- A lifelong activity that develops strong healthy bodies
- They learn to become good community citizens through camaraderie, sportsmanship and self-discipline
- Some of the athletes who have graduated from our program acquired university scholarships and some have gone to the Canadian National Cross Country Ski Training Centers to train for the National Ski Team who participate in international events and the Olympic games.
Our proposal includes a description of our program and our financial budget for the September 30, 2012 to September 30, 2013 season, as well as a guideline and donation form for tax deductible donations.
We are hoping you would consider a tax deductible donation, depending upon your financial situation.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Allan Fisher, Director, Skier Development Program
P.O. Box 872
Rossland, B.C. V0G 1Y0
Black Jack has also recently launched a Fundrazr Campaign to help offset the recent drop in budget.
Find out more